Veuve Clicquot has been a purveyor of the very best quality champagne since 1772. A champagne house of tradition and excellence, the brand’s mission has always been to complement the most daring and creative culinary moments, in the process becoming a worldwide benchmark for all things champagne. Now, Veuve Clicquot is taking on the challenge of generating favorability for its brand among an audience that’s on the hunt for inspiration as the holidays draw nearer. This key period, a particularly competitive time for the brand, has seen significant success thanks to a creative strategy implemented on Pinterest.
“By combining an inspiring, creative, brand-safe environment with very competitive media performances, Pinterest helped us to push the boundaries during a key period for our business. The campaign had a powerful impact on our core target group, affecting brand perception in a very particular way and helping us to stand out from the competition. Based on this, Pinterest perfectly complements the other initiatives that we’re running already, particularly on social media.”
Growing brand favorability and increasing purchase intent over a short and particularly competitive period
December is a key month for Veuve Clicquot, so the champagne house wanted to highlight that their prestigious vintages were the perfect accompaniment for all kinds of cuisine during that time. The aim of their Pinterest campaign was to effectively reach a target audience of people actively searching for inspiration with a satisfactory frequency rate.
Content created specifically for Pinterest and adapted to a target audience searching for inspiration in the run up to the holidays
Taking into account what they had learned from previous campaigns and assisted by the marketing agency KR Wavemaker, Veuve Clicquot chose the Pinterest formats best suited to expressing their creativity while ensuring an optimum frequency rate. To achieve their objectives, the brand created ten static images specifically for this campaign, with their Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label champagne as the star of the show, surrounded by classic holiday treats. Veuve Clicquot’s target audience proved to be particularly active on the Pinterest platform during this period.
Compelling results during every stage of the marketing funnel
Running their Pinterest campaign in parallel with other social media campaigns, the champagne brand quickly became aware of just how effective the Pinterest platform can be, reaching 3.5 million potential customers in a single month. The Pinterest platform was essential for:
● Reaching a continuously growing audience that matches the brand’s key target groups. What’s more, the brand lift study showed that performance expectations were far exceeded for certain target affinity audiences via Pinterest
● By highlighting the connection between Veuve Clicquot and areas closely related to their line of business, the campaign produced a significant increase in consumers’ association of the brand with the area of cuisine
● Reaching consumers at a key stage in their interaction with the brand or category, relatively close to the moment of purchasing, resulted in an increase in purchase intent of approximately 2.2 percentage points
All this was achieved with a competitive CPM, 39% lower than average CPMs during this time on Pinterest.
- If you’re a beginner with Pinterest, don’t worry! Getting started is very easy. If you already have content created for other platforms, most of it will also work very well on Pinterest. This means that you likely have effective, customized content that can be used on Pinterest right away!
- Key periods during the year, such as Christmas, Saint Valentine’s Day, and Mother’s Day are also great opportunities for brands to respond to Pinners’ needs and stand out from the crowd.
- The content also has quite a long lifespan. Even now, a few months after the campaign, we are still generating many organic impressions, because this customized content is still meeting our consumers’ needs.