There are all kinds of recaps and best-ofs this time of year, but instead of looking back, we’re looking ahead, to 2017.
The Pinterest insights team analyzed the search and save activity from the past year to identify the emerging trends on Pinterest. The final result is our official trend report, the Pinterest 100. It features the top 100 trends across key categories that we predict will be big in 2017. In order for a trend to make it into the report, it must show considerable year over year increase, critical mass and a strong upward trend during the final 3-6 months of the year.
The Pinterest 100 will help you better understand your customer’s mindset and see where interest is rising and falling. You can think about how you can stay on top of the next big trend, and even better—plan ahead. You’ll be able to make more informed creative, marketing and product decisions that will reach your customers at just the right time.
Here are a few highlights from this year’s Pinterest 100:
1. The latest meat substitute is jackfruit (yes, a fruit)
2. Sous vide is the fancy name for a set-it-and-forget-it way of cooking
3. Indoor vines are taking over
4. Bell sleeves are going to be BIG
5. No-heat hairstyles are definitely a *yes*
6. R.I.P. coffin nails, chrome is killing it
7. Health goth is the dark side of athleisure
8. Adventure travel is getting more love than romantic escapes
9. You just have to go to Kyoto
10. Ditch the therapist for energy healing
11. Cold showers should be part of your morning routine
12. Story prompts spark kids’ imaginations
13. Celebrity airport style is stealing the spotlight from the red carpet
14. Mixology takes your cocktail game to the next level
15. “I don't like Taco Tuesday,” said no one ever
And there’s more where that came from. See all 100 trends on our official Pinterest 100 board, and download a PDF of the complete report with additional insights and metrics.
—Stephanie Kumar, currently saving ideas to Fashion | Dream Dresses