Halloween is a pretty spooktacular time of year for Pinterest. Even though it’s more than a month away, all kinds of things are brewing: millions of people are adding Pins of tasty Halloween treats, clever costumes, jack-o-lanterns and DIY projects scary enough to delight trick or treaters.
In fact, there are more than 176 million Halloween Pins and more than 45 million Halloween boards on Pinterest. Halloween searches start creeping up in August.
Businesses like yours can use Halloween to inspire their Pinterest audience across many different categories—food, fashion, home, DIY and more. Find out what makes sense for your business, whether you’re a retailer, publisher or creative professional, and get Pinning!
Before you create your own Halloween board, here are a few examples from other businesses to check out:
- Buzzfeed scared up more than 100 LOL-worthy Halloween costume ideas, including repins from other Pinners
- Parents Magazine dressed up a board with sweet, trick-or-treat worthy costumes for kids
- Care.com’s blend of Halloween ideas for kids is a treasure trove of inspiration for family fun
- BuyCostumes.com created Pins around different costume party themes that link to helpful blog posts and shoppable products
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Stores features quick DIY projects to fit any budget
- HGTV’s DIY ideas can inspire anyone to craft a handmade Halloween this year
- Brit + Co’s Halloween board is chock-full of ideas for a stylish Halloween
- P.S. XO’s original ideas are perfect for a be-spook Halloween
— Tashfeen Ahmed, currently saving ideas to Sweet Home Chicago