Many Pinners look to the New Year for a wardrobe reset. Statement pieces for men and women are on the rise.
Here are some of the most popular style-related trends and associated targetable interests:
- Women’s style: Structured earrings, saves +947% | Targetable interests: Hoop earrings, bronze jewelry
- Men’s style: Microprints, searches +476% | Targetable interests: Men’s outfits by pattern, men styles
These Style specific tips will ensure your brand is making the most of your pin.
Travelers on Pinterest are looking for ways make their trips more meaningful. In doing so, they are broadening their searches beyond tourist spots and experimenting with new ways of documenting their journeys.
Here are some of our travel predictions and related targetable interests:
- Travel journals, saves +169% | Targetable interests: Travel scrapbook
- Living like a local, saves +146% | Targetable interests: Cultural trips
Here are some Creative tips for travel pins. Beautiful imagery still reigns supreme for successful travel pins. As Pinners dig in to their destination research, we’re seeing increased popularity in “How to” instructional Pins rich in organizational tips for packing, itineraries and great photo ops.
Beauty is booming on Pinterest with a 75% increase in Pins year over year.7 Pinners are currently going back to basics with a focus on first getting their skincare right.
Here are some of the top Beauty and Skincare trends, which will likely play into skincare and beauty purchasing in the coming year:
- Vitamin C serum, saves +3379% | Targetable interests: Serum
- Cleansing oils, searches +555% | Targetable interests: Nail oil, hair oil, essential oils, body oils, cleanser
We have put together some Beauty specific tips to showcase successful creative for beauty pins.
—Thea Carp, currently saving to Design
1Statistic Brain Research Institute, 2017
2Pinterest internal data, U.S. only, 2016-2017
3Pinterest, US category usage study, Oct 2017
4Pinterest, US category usage study, Oct 2017
5Pinterest, Search and saving activity, 2017
6Pinterest, internal data 2015, 2016
7Pinterest, US analysis, 2017