People associate Pinterest with taking action. 98% of Pinners report trying new things they find on Pinterest, compared to an average of only 71% across social media platforms.1 Before they even open the app, they intend to act—and then Pinterest guides them to a confident decision.
Oracle Data Cloud and Pinterest conducted a series of DLX ROI studies showing that people who use Pinterest shop and spend more than the general public. This held true across a mix of categories, including retail, consumer packaged goods (CPG) and automotive. For example: Pinners are 39% more likely to be active retail shoppers—and when they shop, they spend 29% more than people who don’t use Pinterest.2
Overall, our average CPG sales lift increased 82% in 2016, over 2015 rates.3 The Oracle Data Cloud analysis showed that 92% of Pinterest CPG campaigns measured drove a positive lift in sales.4
People use Pinterest to shape their consideration set, which makes Pinterest an early touchpoint in the path to purchase. In a recent study by Neustar MarketShare, Pinterest had a higher ratio of converting impressions that touched the consumer first vs. last, out of any digital, social or search platform.5
Brands see more than sales lifts—they see strong campaign ROI, too. When Analytic Partners studied Pinterest campaigns in the context of total marketing spend, Pinterest delivered $2 in profit for every $1 the advertiser spent on Pinterest.6 That outperformed all other categories, including digital as a whole, TV, and channels like print or out of home.7
We’re committed to helping brands prove the value and impact of their Pinterest marketing. Our new measurement solutions and partners will help us do just that. As these new partnerships evolve, we’ll share additional data—so keep your eyes peeled!
—Gunnard Johnson, currently saving ideas to Ireland Trip
1. Nielsen study commissioned by Pinterest, "Platform & Content Impact on Ad Effectiveness,” in-lab study with 832 people ages 18-54, May 2017
2. Oracle Data Cloud DLX ROI, "Pinterest Retail Audience Profile Report," May 2017
3. Oracle Data Cloud DLX ROI, “Pinterest CPG Meta Analysis,” meta study on 25 campaigns, May 2017
4. Oracle Data Cloud DLX ROI, “Pinterest CPG Meta Analysis,” meta study on 25 campaigns, May 2017
5. Neustar MarketShare, “Neustar MarketShare Retail MTA Analysis,” MTA study with 3 blinded advertisers, June 2017
6. Analytic Partners, “Pinterest 2017 Measurement Cases,” blinded study with 5 advertisers, May 2017
7. Analytic Partners, “Pinterest 2017 Measurement Cases,” blinded study with 5 advertisers, May 2017