It’s the most wonderful (and stressful) time of year. From now until the new year, there are endless ways to celebrate. People on Pinterest especially love the holidays, plan early and save more than 750 million holiday ideas every year.
Thanks to our Pinsights team, we have a best-of list featuring 126 of the top trending holiday ideas people are searching and saving on Pinterest. From how to freshen up a Friendsgiving to watching the ball drop from a champagne bar, these are the top ideas for every holiday celebration.
Pinners are thinking big—and small—when it comes to holiday party spreads. Simple, make-ahead food and drinks that please a crowd are popular, especially pressure cooker recipes (+1066%) and grab-and-go goodies (+404%).
- Pressure cooker mashed potatoes
- Slab pies (+115%)
- Pie pops (+161%)
- Sweet corn spoonbread (saved +275k times)
- To-go boxes (+163%)
- Infused beer cocktails (+70%)
- Sparkling ice cream
- Glitter-dipped fortune cookies
Pinners are taking a healthy break from holiday feasting with vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options. Keto recipes in particular are booming with a 4460% year-over-year increase in saves.
- Mashed cauliflower and keto gravy
- Sugar free cranberry sauce
- Zoodle latkes
- Vegan eggnog
- Peppermint fudge energy bites
- Vegan mushroom Wellington
And the classics are here to stay—with a twist.
- Grandma’s chocolate pie (top pie recipe)
- Sweet potato casserole (149k saves)
- Jelly cookies
- Marshmallow dreidels
- Candy house
- Spekulatius crumble (+161%)
For more food and drink insights, read More than milk and cookies: 3 must do’s to make the holidays a hit.
This year, Pinners plan to deck their homes with greenery, glitter, giant balloons and more.
- Neutral tablescapes (+67%)
- Natural centerpieces (+201%)
- Green garland (+413%)
- Millennial pink pumpkins (because, of course)
- Blue and white china (364% increase in saves)
- Oil lamp menorah
- Branch Star of David (+248% branch decor)
- Pineapple Christmas tree (+3406%)
- Giant balloon lights (+1024%)
- Japanese furoshiki wrapping (+129%)
- Washi tape tree (+91% YoY)
- Glitter-dipped balloons
Pinners have been planning their holiday looks since July, and saved 243% more outfits this year than last. Popular on the party circuit? Everyone’s got their hands on velvet dresses (+159%), tulle skirts (127%) and faux fur jackets (+322%).
Holiday parties and NYE are the perfect excuse for extra shimmer. Gold eyeliner is up 722%, and star makeup, smokey glitter eyes, heavenly hair and rose gold highlights are also on the rise. The finishing touch is a pretty-in-pink lip, up 154%.
For more beauty insights, read Three ways beauty brands can sparkle this holiday season.
It’s not too early to plan for the holidays. Shoppers are already coming to Pinterest to find the perfect gift for everyone on their list. So how can Pinterest help you maximize your brand’s exposure and increase sales this holiday season? We’ve got four insider tips, and the research to back them up.
See the complete 2017 holiday trend report.
And that’s a wrap! Remember to keep these insights in mind when developing new content and creative campaigns for the holiday season.
—Eric Wahlgren, currently saving ideas to arty stuff