Part of the global ELLE brand, ELLE are a major fashion publisher in Germany, covering the latest beauty, fashion and lifestyle themes for their German audience. ELLE Online wanted to drive more traffic to their website, and boost brand awareness and engagement with their content.
ELLE Germany added the Save button on their web and mobile sites to make it simple for visitors to save their favourite articles (which then drives discovery, saves and referral traffic back to their site). The payoff has been huge: in the first month after setting up the Save button, ELLE Germany saw that people started adding 3x more Pins from elle.de, and the numbers have continued to grow ever since.
“After we decided to give Pinterest a try, and after having implemented various optimisation strategies, our engagement is more than paying off. Today, Pinterest is our second largest source of social referral traffic.”
After polishing their profile, ELLE Germany ran a dedicated campaign to promote their presence on Pinterest. They designed “Follow us on Pinterest” banners and placed them below articles on their website as well as in the sidebar. They also wrote an article featuring their new Pinterest profile and took to Facebook and Twitter to stir up curiosity about what they were Pinning.
"We started our campaign several months ago and we’re still going strong. We’ve continued to see very positive engagement with the Pins on our profile" says Teresa Strohm, Social Media Editor at ELLE Germany.
- Saving Pins every day: by adding Pins almost every day, ELLE Germany regularly give people their best and freshest content – and help their brand stay top of mind.
- Creating well-designed Pins: not only do ELLE Germany use stylish photography to make their editorial content pop, they also follow creative best practices, designing Pins with a vertical format and text overlays to draw people in at a glance. Overall, their most saved and liked articles are being promoted via these vertical Pins.
- Focusing on themes their market loves: Using Pinterest Analytics, ELLE Germany is discovering what their audience loves best, like beauty tips and products, as well as Pins about recipes and food trends. They continually save Pins that reflect those tastes, and the magazine’s editorial team regularly features seasonal inspiration and beauty trends from Pinterest by embedding Pins on their site.
- 4000% increase in website clickthroughs
- 1000% increase in saves
- 3x more Pins saved from their site each month
- Today, Pinterest is ELLE Germany’s second largest social referrer
- Promote your Pinterest profile in your marketing campaigns on your website
- Implement the Save button to make it easy for people to save their favourites from your site
- Use vertical Pins to capture attention and inspire more clicks
- Use insights from Pinterest Analytics to inform your saving strategies
- Use Pinterest as a source for our editorial articles and embed Pin widgets