We’ve talked about food and beauty recently, and now we’re ready to share insights from another popular category on Pinterest: fashion!
Lots of people use Pinterest to discover inspiring fashion ideas. Seriously, lots. There are more than 4.5 billion fashion-related Pins and more than 30 million people have added one of those Pins to their boards. Women on Pinterest are even 46% more likely to make fashion purchases than the average woman, according to comScore.
Pinner interests around fashion tend to fall into four categories:
- What to wear, inspirational outfits that help you discover your personal style
- Tips and trends, visual guides that help you look your best every season
- Must-have pieces, the classic and contemporary items you should have in your closet
- High fashion, beautiful, glamorous clothes fit for the catwalk
Even if your business isn’t explicitly about fashion, you can use fashion as a way to reach people. For example:
If you’re interested in reaching fashion-conscious men and women on Pinterest, try adding some of these Pins to your profile—a lot of people are looking for them. In fact, there are:
- More than 10 million Pins for casual, everyday looks
- More than 14 million Pins with outfit combinations
- More than 34 million Pins of wedding outfits
- More than 6 million fashion trends
- More than 7 million Pins of fashion gifts or wish lists
- More than 7 million Pins with fashion tips and tutorials
- More than 4 million Pins of gowns and special occasion dresses
- More than 4 million Pins of runway looks
- More than 2 million Pins of the little black dress
- More than 2 million Pins of celebrity fashion
If you want to take a look at how different fashion brands approach Pinterest, read our case study for Tory Burch, Poshmark, Vogue Paris, ELLE or Nordstrom. You can also check out a few of these popular accounts: Anthropologie, eat.sleep.wear, Gretchen Jones, Harper’s Bazaar, Lauren Santo Domingo, Madewell, Nina Garcia, Olivia Palermo and Stacy London.
— Tashfeen Ahmed, currently saving ideas to Bend it like Oregon