Pick a profile image that helps people recognize you (logos work great). Profile images look their best at 160 x 165 pixels. You should also include a short description to introduce your brand’s interests to Pinners. Have fun with it!
Create a range of boards that show off your brand’s personality and taste, and make sure each board has enough Pins to make it feel substantial. Remember that people can choose which boards they want to follow, so not every board has to appeal to everyone.
More board tips:
- Give your boards clear names, but feel free to get creative. Keep names to 20 characters or less so it doesn’t get cut off.
- Don’t forget a board description, which can inspire people to follow your boards and help you show up in searches.
- Choose a compelling cover Pin for each board that gives people a sense for what’s on that board (often the one with the most repins works well).
- Use secret boards to prep your Pins for prime time.
Pin at least once a day so your followers get fresh content in their home feeds. Better yet, try spacing your Pins out throughout the day instead of having them appear all at once.
More pin tips:
- Pin from others. Follow other people’s boards and repin and comment on Pins that inspire and relate to your business.
- Make sure your Pins link back to the right website for a better pinner experience and more referral traffic.
- As with boards, thoughtful descriptions will make your Pins searchable and more inspiring.
- Pay attention to how your Pins will look in feeds, not just on boards, since most people will find them there.
—Steve Patrizi, currently saving ideas to Product Pins